Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 9:25PM
I read two interesting posts today regarding the large number of GTD-related blogs, and both asked whether there are too many low quality ones written by amateurs (What I'd like to see from GTD sites and Let's Talk About The GTD Hype). First, I'll say that I think it's healthy for a community to question itself - the introspection can lead to growth, and, for me, lead me to think about what I'm doing ("What's the successful outcome?"). For me (a productivity coach-in-training) writing helps me:
- more deeply understand my new field,
- get feedback from other coaches/thinkers, and
- offer a body of work for current and prospective clients.
- Do I enjoy it?
- Am I good at it?
- Does it help others?, and
- Is there a market for it?