I've been experimenting for a few years, but I didn't know it. Then again, I think I can forgive myself - it was before "Think, Try, Learn" popped out. Just for fun I thought I'd go back and find a few experiments (in hindsight) that I blogged about in the past.
- Use Gmail's "star" to highlight your good news (A keeper!)
- Report on a little experiment: Daily random entries from my personal log
- On the goal of meeting three new people a week - A ten week retrospective
- Notes on using a digital voice recorder for taking reading notes
- A daily planning experiment: two weeks of accountable rigorous action (This eventually turned into my "Where the !@#% did my day go?" ebook.)
- Networking surprises - Some recent unexpected (but successful) outcomes
- Testing the classics: A Time Management Experiment: Time Blocking
- Playing with LinkedIn's Answers feature - Time, cutting costs, and the meaning of life (part 1/2)
- And of course my biggest one - Building a Personal Productivity practice from thin air
What about you? What do you have going on now that might qualify as an experiment. Something new, something scary, or maybe something where you really don't have a good model with which to predict?