(The screen shot is from The IT Crowd - Series 1 - Episode 5 - The Haunting of Bill Crouse where Roy takes a support call about "email broken!" IT Crowd - Roy and Judy)
There are lots of mentions of email in experiments in Edison, which is not surprising given that it's a huge productivity challenge. A few include:
- Try having a VA monitor and filter my email
- turn off Gmail's inbox unread count
- Extreme Batching - Intentionally Creating a Weekly "Vacation Tax"
- Track my computer usage and see if it makes me more focused
- Only do things I have planned
I'm curious: What email experiments have you done? How'd they work out? Any that you'd like to try?
(P.S. For new readers I thought I'd go back and find some email posts from the past. I hope they help.)
- Depressurize your email with a 24 hour response time
- Control your email addiction by ... checking more often!
- Got the email blues? Only three things you can do: Get fewer, Get faster, Get control
- How to GTD-ify fuzzy emails, plus a subject line hacking primer
- The World's Simplest Productivity Method, with Bonus Mini-Processing Examples
- Use Gmail's "star" to highlight your good news